Sunday 20 November 2011

EDIBLE LANDMARKS - NOV '11

1) 2/11 - Thai @ Rosa's 
 
BEST THAI OUTSIDE OF THAILAND = 9.5/10



2) 5/11 - Gnocci for breakfast
 
I didn't really know what I was doing here = 4.2/10

3) 5/11 - I LOVE REDUCED AISLES
WE DID GOOD = 20/10

4) 6/11 - My attempt at making a Korean Pancake a la Seyna VDL, turned to shit. After unsuccessfully flipping it and scraping it off the cooker, I had to fry it in 2 pans, microwave and eventually resorted to grilling it. And even AFTER all this, it was questionable as to whether it was cooked or not.

 
Really poor. Shamefully poor. I blame the Koreans for inventing such bad food = a minus 10/10 

5) 7/10 - DAY OF THE DEAD SUGAR SKULLS. 
Pretty, BUT NOT EDIBLE, so tell me WHAT IS THE POINT!?!? = 2.4/10

6) 9/11 - it was a throw up between a take-out-in-a-box chinese buffet or a greasy-as-fuck fish'n'chips, Steph wouldn't answer her phone so I had to solve this grave dilemma myself...
 
Yes! I think I made the right choice as well! But it could have done with some TARTARE SAUCE (fucking LOVE tartare sauce.. mmm) = 9.5/10

7) 9/11 - A couple of tings I saw in BUDGENS that made my stomach turn...
  
frozen sushi wtf!?!!! Nearly as bad as Iceland's frozen sandwich platter = 0/10

hang on - WTF - did this just win an award!!??!!
 
= 'I HAVE NO WORDS'/10

8) 9/11 - Many edible achievements on this day. But this one put a downer on it all. After an ice-cream run Benedict persuaded me to buy a spotted dick, only with the promise that I could have it with an entire tin of custard. Aunt Bessie said the best way to cook it was in the microwave, so we did. WTF! IT WAS RANK.
 
No amount of custard could redeem this piece of shit. = I was going to give it a score of 2/10 (for the custard), but as it didn't even look like a dick then it gets a = minus 2/10

9) 10/11 - Looks bit gross, but...
 
... I washed it down with a Berroca = 5 of my 5 a day = 5 x 10/10

10) 10/11 - Seyna VDL's korean pancake - see my attempt in edible landmark no. 4 above. 
 To be honest, I think this looks just wrong, a slight bit like death in a pan. Plus I didn't even taste it = 0/10


11) 11/11 - Ill with a kidney infection, so food was minimal.
 
= 0/10

12) 11/11 - Still had kidney infection. Decided to make a crumble with one lone apple and a bag of oats. It was crap. Imagine a 'thick apple porridge cake' - yeah fucking crap.
 
Illness = bad moves in the kitchen, never again = 0.1/10

13) 13/11 - Recovering from infection still. Steph sends me weird shit as usual. Physical, pictorial, conceptual. 


She even hides in my bed to surprise me. Aren't I lucky = 100/10


No comments:

Post a Comment